GURPREET S. JASSAL, B.A., LL. B., Q. Med., Q. Arb.
After receiving his B.A. from York University in Toronto, Ontario, Gurpreet successfully obtained his LL. B in 2001 from Robson Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba. After being called to the Ontario Bar, Gurpreet practiced as a Barrister and Solicitor with an established boutique litigation law firm in downtown Mississauga for several years and subsequently founded Jassal Law Professional Corporation.
His current practices include:
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Wills, Estates and Trusts
- Real Estate Transactions.
Gurpreet has vast experience in Real Estate Transactions, including purchases, sales, re-financing and private mortgage financing, representing lenders in complex private financing. His experience and wealth of knowledge of the legalities of real estate transactions, allows him to be creative and influential with other stakeholders in getting the job done and closing transactions, whilst protecting his clients' interests and rights.
Having acted on countless real estate transactions and understanding the detailed intricacies of these transactions, as a litigator, Gurpreet has an advantage when dealing with litigious real estate issues, including breach of contracts and mortgage enforcement and remedies.
Gurpreet supports alternative dispute resolution and out-of-court settlement of matters (where necessary and when beneficial to the client) and is an advocate for mediation and/or arbitration. As such, Gurpreet has obtained his Q. Med. and Q. Arb. designations from the ADR Institute of Canada and in addition to representing clients in litigation, he also offers mediation (as Mediator) and/or arbitration (as Arbitrator) of matters involving litigation, employment law, and real estate disputes.
• Certified as a Lawyer by the Law Society of Ontario
• Received LL. B. from Robson Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
• Received B.A. (Psychology) from York University, Toronto
• Obtained Q. Med. designation from ADR Institute of Canada (Ontario)
• Obtained Q. Arb. designation from ADR Institute of Canada (Ontario)
• Member of the ADR Institute of Canada (Ontario)
• Awarded 2019 Three Best Rated Employment Lawyers in Brampton
• Board Member of the Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre, Mississauga
• Volunteer Mediator with the DBNC Conflict Resolution Centre
• Member of the Peel Law Association
• Former Instructor with the TriOs College, Faculty of Law